WooCommerce, will you go big?
Some insights into the Swiss WooCommerce Landscape at the first WC MeetUp in Zurich.
A small but fine group of WooCommerce aficionados found their way to the first WooCommerce MeetUp in Zurich. For the 15 attendees this was a great opportunity to connect, discuss and of course critique the world’s most popular e-commmerce plug-in for WordPress. The illustrious circle of WP-developers, shop owners and agencies brought a variety of views, problems and solutions up to the table, which were heavily discuss and delicately dissected.
Some of the more heavily discussed questions of the evening were clearly focused on scalability and capability of WooCommerce:
- Are there any large shops that use WC in Switzerland?
- What plug-ins and add-ons do they use?
- What payment modules do they use?
- Is it possible to create a fully automated online-shopping environment with shipping, stock management and accounting interface?
- How can we handle the VAT correctly?
- And of course an important topic in Switzerland: What’s the best solution for multilingual shops (We have four different languages in Switzerland, and with English as default that makes five)?
These will be topics we will be focusing on for the next WooCommerce MeetUp. We hope for our next event that we’ll have some great speakers and can welcome an even larger group of WC-enthusiasts. And for the next time dear guests: please don’t stay as long as you did this time ;)
Here’s some work of some of our attendees with links related to their WooCommerce work/interest:
Didier Ludwig (DEV) - WC: randybike.ch Michi Göldi (Shop Owner) – WC: jadeandmore.ch Natascha Buck (Shop Owner) – WC: fleurdesucre.ch Aleksandar Vucenovic: - WC: WooCommerce Conversion Tracking Tag Yves Meili (Dev) Edi Goetschl (Dev) Nico Martin (Dev) Martin Steiner(Dev) (Work in Progress)